|Real Name||John Montano|
|Wild Card Traits||Energy projection|
|Citizenship||Citizen of the United States|
|Event Participant||American Hero|
|Base of Operations||Colorado, USA|
|First Appearance||Inside Straight|
|Creator||Laura J. Mixon|
Candle is a minor character in the Wild Cards series of books.
Like a number of other young aces, John Montano tried his hand at seeking fame and fortune in the first season of the reality television show American Hero. Initially competitive, he soon grew tired of the theatrics, although despite some of his misgivings he also had moderate success at securing an immunity idol when he took to asking some locals at Venice Beach where it was stashed. He discretely made off with his prize while the others were still throwing all their ace-powered efforts into locating it. The versatility of his power helped take him almost to the final rounds, but bad luck sent him to the "Discards" just before the final three contestants were selected.
Wild Card Traits Edit
John is able to manifest multicolored flame: yellow, red, blue, green, purple, and black. Each color has its own different abilities.
- Yellow: The yellow flame is the closet to real fire. It can't get hot enough to melt metal, but will set fire to cloth, paper, and wood.
- Red: The red flame is used to create strong and flexible constructs such as nets, ladders, or cages.
- Blue: The blue flame has a freezing effect. It strikes like liquid nitrogen.
- Green: The green flame is used for healing. It can mend bones, lessen pain, and close wounds.
- Purple: The purple flame has psychedelic effects. It causes intense hallucinations and synesthesia.
- Black: The black flame is paralytic. It can knock someone unconscious and it might be able kill someone with a weak heart.
Selected Reading Edit
- Wild Cards Volume XVIII: Inside Straight 2008